Summer is almost upon us and as we start to shed the bulky clothing for shorts and t-shirts we notice it’s also time to diet. Thinking of doing a crash diet? Stop, don’t do it as it can actually cause you a number of health problems and do damage to your skin and hair. This can be particularly true if you are suffering from hair loss or going through medical treatments that affect your hair.
There is good news and that the right diet can not only reduce those unwanted pounds but also give your body the nutrients it needs to be health and keep your hair looking great.
Why Crash Diets Aren’t Worth It
Crash diets can be very harmful to your overall health. They take away foods from your diet that robs your body from important nutrients and limit your intake of calories from few sources. Crash diets work for a few days or week but long term crash diets can be a bad decision for your health.
Crash diets in nature have a negative impact because you drastically limit the quality of nutrients your body gets. When your eat a balanced diet you get a variety of foods that give you different nutrients that your body will use to boost your immune system, give your skin and hair nutrients that will keep them remaining healthy. Crash diets remove many of these foods and therefore, removes the healthy nutrients you receive from them. They can also lead to a condition known as telogen effluvium, which causes hair loss as a result of severe stress on the body’s nervous system.
Another reason you want to avoid crash diets is simply they lead to crashing afterwards. What this means is that you will find that once you are unable to sustain the diet and will eventually fall off of it. After which you may find yourself bingeing on foods that you shouldn’t eat. To avoid this type of negative impact you need to eat a healthy diet.
So How Can You Lose Weight and Keep Your Hair and Skin Healthy?
You should know that you can improve your diet and improve your health at the same time.
• The right diet will help you not only lose weight but keep the weight off.
• It also goes a long way to improve your skin health and keeps your hair looking fabulous.
If you want to avoid the harmful effects that crash diets can have on creating hair loss then you will want to stick to a healthy diet.
What is a Healthy Diet?
A healthy diet is one that gives your body the nutrients necessary to function and look it’s best. To help you find the right diet for you and help you not only meet your weight loss goals but also to improve your skin and hair follow these tips:
• Reduce the amount of calories you take in from various food groups. If you do this on a regular basis then your body will turn to stored fat to burn.
• Exercise in not only good for your over-all health but essential when trying to lose weight. It will also keep you looking younger by helping to tone your skin.
• Making simple changes like from “white” carbs to whole grain is preferred. White carbs are full of sugar where whole grain carbs will keep you feeling full longer and will have more nutrients.
• Make 80 percent of your dinner plate come from the garden. Your body will get more valuable nutrients from vegetables than anything else.
If your goal is to lose weight, then follow these tips and you will not only shed those pounds but your skin will look younger and the health of your hair will improve. And if you want to have the best looking hair you’ve ever dreamed about this summer, give us a call.
- New Year’s Resolution Time: Doing Something About Your Hair Loss - December 15, 2021
- Best Hair Styles for Your Job Interview - November 29, 2021
- Suffering from Alopecia? Laser Hair Therapy Can Help. - November 20, 2021